Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas in Paradise


We had a quiet day today and some time to email, skype, and be by ourselves. This silly picture looks a little like we are at a prom.  It made us laugh, but our senses of humor are a little wonky these days.  Stress makes the weirdest things really humorous.  
Celebrating Christmas in the 90 degree sun is really odd, even though we have Christmas stars and our gift exchange to assuage the missing of our loved ones.  I bought a Malayalam Christmas song CD...not so effective for evoking that Christmas spirit.  We resorted to YouTube and the Little Drummer Boy song with David Bowie and Bing Crosby.  Yep, I have listened to it four times.  What can I say, I am homesick.  

2 comments:

Lori said...

If it makes you feel any better, our snow has pretty much melted! God Jul! (Merry Christmas!)
Love, Your family in Norway

Niki said...

Ah, global warming. Merry Merry to you, Thor, and my sweet neice.
AND so soon, Happy New Year.
Tante Niki